Commands to re-map the keyboard (azerty <-> qwerty)

From: Joao
Subject: Commands to re-map the keyboard (azerty <-> qwerty)
Date: 15 Sep 2003 22:20:59 +0200

Hi,

I have this recurring problem in emacs (20.7 or 21.x) :

I sometimes try to type faster than I can, and then I accidentally
mistype something (don't know what), and then my french keyboard
no longer has its proper 'azerty' mapping, but it has been remapped
to 'qwerty'. Of course, many emacs commands stop working, since I'm
no longer sending the proper keystrokes.

When this happens, the only way out is to stop and re-start emacs.

Can anyone please tell me what these commands actually are, that
remap the keyboard from azerty to qwerty and vice-versa ? or point
me to the right place in the info tree where this is explained ?

Thanks a lot,

Joao