Colors in emacs on ordinary text terminals

From: Shriram Ramanathan
Subject: Colors in emacs on ordinary text terminals
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:29:45 -0600

Hi,

When I run emacs (version 20.7.1) (and emacs not xemacs) in X-windows and
open a fortran90 file, the keywords,comments etc. all have different
colors.

Now, I wanted to use emacs on an ordinary text terminal, not X-windows.
But, the keywords in fortran-90 files are no longer colored.  Can someone
tell me how to set this so that the keywords/comments are seen in a
different color than the other text

Thanks in advance.
shriram.