clear-string not defined

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: clear-string not defined
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:40:34 +0100

this is emacs built from cvs, so maybe it ought to go as a bug report,
I just wanted to check that I wasn't doing something stupid!

I have comint-watch-for-password-prompt in my
comint-output-filter-functions, and I just tried it today and I get an
error with clear-string (function definition is void)

I can see clear-string in fns.c and it's there in the DOC file but it
fails in comint. More puzzlingly - to me anyway - read-passwd appears to
work ok which uses clear-string if C-u is typed

Puzzled....

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau