Re: Fill-paragraph for javadoc in netrexx mode

From: jorussel
Subject: Re: Fill-paragraph for javadoc in netrexx mode
Date: 23 Sep 2003 08:10:20 -0400

Arjan Bos <Arjan.Bos@nospam.icu.nl> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm in the process of writing a new major mode for NetRexx. NetRexx is
> a language that compiles straight into java and allows the use of all
> the nice features of java without the cumbersome syntax.[1]

You want less cumbersome syntax and you are trying to write an Emacs
mode in lisp?  ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I write java a lot and have never used the
java-mode that comes with Emacs.  I instead use the JDEE (java
development environment for Emacs ) Google knows where it is.  There
are many functions prefixed jde-javadoc which are great at generating
javadoc.  You could probably look there.

> Do I need to copy the relevant elisp-code to my own mode?

I think borrowing would be best in this case as jde is kinda heavy to
include, although its great for java development.

> If so, which
> parts are the relevant ones?

I'm thinking anything with jde-javadoc in front of it.

> Or is there a more elegant way to tap into that elisp-code?

Probably, like I said, java developer.  We don't do elegant.  :-P

John