[NEWBIE] exec path not expanding

From: Robert Pollard
Subject: [NEWBIE] exec path not expanding
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:33:16 -0700

Hello everyone,

I am curious as to why my exec path is not expanding the PATH variable. Does it expand it when it uses it or should it be expanded in the exec-path variable?

I cannot get a directory listing and as per a previous post I get an error that it can't find the ls program. Could this be the cause?

exec-path's value is
("/$SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/bin" "$SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/bin" "$PATH" "/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin" "/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec")

Thanks,

Robert Pollard