Re: Editing PDF (just one idea: <brutal method>)

From: Nicolas Hervé
Subject: Re: Editing PDF (just one idea: <brutal method>)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:07:04 +0200

It's just one idea because as I know this method doesn't exist.
But just have a look at emacs rot13-other-window and you may will understand what I mean. So in one other window emacs open a copy of the current buffer but encoded (decoded) with the rot13 algorithm. And any change you do on one buffer is repercuted in the other acording to the rot13 algorithm.

Now imagine that instead of rot13-other-window you have FlateDecode-other-window, you will have the possibility to edit FlateEncoded stream of pdf files. No ?

But for that someone will have to implement the FlateDecode-other-window (and FlateEncode-other-window) in e-lisp.

see http://partners.adobe.com/asn/tech/pdf/specifications.jsp for more information about the pdf format.

"Alfredo" <tim@ccp.uk.com> wrote in message

I need to edit PDF documents that are send to me then send them out with

any

changes I've made.  I only have Acrobat Reader at present & don't want to
buy Acrobat Standard if I can avoid it.  Do I have any other options?