Re: Re-building with modified site-init.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Re-building with modified site-init.el
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:13:44 GMT

> I'm doing a custom build of emacs so that it loads the packages that
> I need into it's core image, but the build process doesn't seem to
> notice when I change my ${srcdir}/lisp/site-init.el, forcing me to do
> a make clean and rebuild every time I do a change.  Is there a way to
> get around this? I tried deleting ${srcdir}/lib-src/fns-21.3.1.el
> (which looked to be generated right after loading site-init.el), but
> that didn't do the trick. I also couldn't find an appropriate make
> target to just rebuild the core image, so I thought I would ask here.

The file src/Makefile.in which should contain the dependency explains that
the dependency is missing because the file might be missing as well.
I guess there should be a better way to deal with it, tho.

Please report it as a bug in the Makefile.
In the mean time, you really don't need `make clean' but just
`rm src/emacs'.

        Stefan