Re: emacs C question

From: John Russell
Subject: Re: emacs C question
Date: 25 Sep 2003 16:41:02 -0400

> >> Otherwise, obviously, you could call Ffind_file from C.
>
> There's no such function because it's defined in elisp, not in C.
> But you can do
>
>     call1 (intern ("find-file-other-window"), file);
>

> -- Stefan

Ok, this is my first time in the emacs C code and I'm relatively new
to C so please be patient.

1) Why does this function cause emacs to immediately close with

Fatal error (6).Aborted

2) While developing, how can I make emacs be more helpful with its
   dying breath.

This is a handler for gtk drag and drop so the args aren't important
yet.  Just the three lines in it cause the crash ( i think).

static void
jjr_drag_data_received_handler (GtkWidget *widget, GdkDragContext *context,
                                      gint x, gint y, GtkSelectionData
*selection_data,
                                      guint info, guint time)
{