Re: replacing a certain element in a list with another

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: replacing a certain element in a list with another
Date: 30 Sep 2003 14:12:15 +0200

Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:
>    * Please don't require the `cl' package of Common Lisp extensions at
>      run time.  Use of this package is optional, and it is not part of
>      the standard Emacs namespace.  If your package loads `cl' at run
>      time, that could cause name clashes for users who don't use that
>      package.

Yeah!   Great!  So  when I'll  distribute  my packages,  I'll have  to
include the whole cl inside  it (nicely prefixing all the symbols with
a 'pjb-cl::').

Wouldn't  it be  simplier if  emacs  lisp implemented  a true  PACKAGE
system (name spaces) like Common-Lisp?

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/