Re: gnus setup

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: gnus setup
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:01:26 +0200

On Tue, Sep 30 2003, Roger Mason wrote:

> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "private")))
[...]
> On starting gnus the mail is indeed moved to ~/Mail/mail/misc but no
> group mail.misc appears in the group buffer, so I cannot read it.

See the variables `gnus-auto-subscribed-groups' and
`gnus-subscribe-options-newsgroup-method' and the manual node (info
"(gnus)Filtering New Groups").

An example:

(setq
 gnus-subscribe-options-newsgroup-method 'gnus-subscribe-interactively)

Then `F' in the Group buffer should offer you the new nnml groups.

Bye, Reiner.

BTW, a better place for Gnus related questions is the newsgroup
gnu.emacs.gnus.  I'm adding a "Followup-To: gnu.emacs.gnus" header,
i.e. answers to this article will appear there.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)