Re: How make vc-diff and vc-revert-buffer NOT ask to save files but do i

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: Re: How make vc-diff and vc-revert-buffer NOT ask to save files but do it automatically?
Date: 30 Sep 2003 17:08:03 -0700

Kevin

Thanks! With your help I got vc-diff and vc-revert-buffer to NOT ask
me if I want to save buffer because it is now done automatically.

Can I please ask you how to avoid 1 more question in
vc-revert-buffer???

vc-revert-buffer seems to do a vc-diff command and then asks
a SECOND question something like... "Are you *sure* you want
to discard these changes?"

How hardcode answer to this SECOND question to be yes???

I read the emacs online doc on vc-revert-buffer like you suggested
but it had no clues.  Here it is:

vc-revert-buffer is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `vc'.
It is bound to <menu-bar> <tools> <vc> <vc-revert-buffer>.
(vc-revert-buffer)

Revert the current buffer's file to the version it was based on.
This asks for confirmation if the buffer contents are not identical
to that version.  This function does not automatically pick up newer
changes found in the master file; use M-x universal-argument M-x
vc-next-action to do so.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris