Re: Escaping carets?

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: Re: Escaping carets?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:14:19 +0200

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

>> (if (string-match "^nnfolder:" group)
>>     group
>>   "outgoing")
>
> You need a pair of parens wrapped around that.

That was just a part of the whole thing. The whole should look like this:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group '((if (equal group "")
                                       (if (message-news-p)
                                           "outgoing"
                                         "misc")
                                     (if (string-match "nnfolder:" group)
                                         group
                                       "outgoing")
                                     "outgoing")))

> What does string-match return when you insert the _full_ name of one
> of your nnfolder groups, e.g.
>
>       (string-match "^nnfolder:" "nnfolder:foo.bar")

It returns 0, which I assume is what should happen.

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl@elektrubadur.se>
http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/

Download the new *Elektrubadur* demo from http://elektrubadur.se/