Re: Eshell help.

From: punkind
Subject: Re: Eshell help.
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:28:12 GMT

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003, Vincenzo Di Somma wrote:

> Dan Anderson wrote:
>> Although I am in no way qualified to answer your LISP quesions, if you
>> want a fully functional shell try: M-x term
>> -Dan

[...]

> I followed your suggestion and tryied to use M-x term, I had my shell
> working quit soon but, just after ther first 'ls' command emacs crashed
> immedialty, blocked without any life sign :)
> What`s wrong ?
> (emacs 21 on debian testing i386)

same happens here, (emacs-version) "GNU Emacs 21.2.1
(i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2002-03-22 on
raven, modified by Debian"

*complete crash*

i'd rather use Eshell though. i'll append the problems i found here:

  - when using unrecognized command options, isn't it supposed to call an
    external shell (say /bin/bash)? i'm getting:

    ~ $ ls -l
    total 35135
    usage: eshell/ls: (&rest ARGS)
    ~ $

  - sometimes, i open a shell in a message buffer, do some operation and
    close it by killing the process, going back to message-mode. couldn't
    find the way to do the same with Eshell.

tia

--
ti tocca tutto quello che ti e` toccato gia`- s'illuminano gli occhi