Re: Eshell help.

From: Steven Wu
Subject: Re: Eshell help.
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 01:38:43 -0700

Matt Hodges wrote:
Steven Wu writes:

 > I looked into eshell, and felt that I really like it.
 > Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find much documentation about it.
 > Here is a question that I found: if I redefine
 > eshell-prompt-function to something I like, i.e. no pathname, then
 > completetion doesn't work. I kinda like to have the pathname
 > printed on the window title bar, not at the prompt.

You need to change eshell-prompt-regexp as well. For example:

     (setq eshell-prompt-function (lambda ()
                                    (if (= (user-uid) 0) "# " "$ "))
           eshell-prompt-regexp "^[$#] ")

Thanks. Last time when I changed the prompt-regexp and prompt-function seperately, and that's why it didn't work. I just tried it, and it worked fine.

steve