Re: close buffer with keystroke?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: close buffer with keystroke?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:06:53 +0200

Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:

> Oh ok.  I just asked because many programing languages and other things
> attach special functions and commands to the ` key -- so I didn't know
> if you were doing something bizarre.  :-D

Actually, both ` and ' have special meanings in Emacs Lisp, but it is
conventional to use this combination in this way as quotes.  Type,
for example, C-h k C-n.  Then you will see a lot of such quotes, eg.
in `next-line-add-newlines'.

Maybe an analog could be Java.  In Java code, < is less than and > is
greater than, but in a Javadoc comment, <foo> is an HTML tag.

Does that make sense?