Installing Emacs

From: Goetz, Thomas
Subject: Installing Emacs
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:01:50 +0200

Hello,

I tried to download the Emacs for Windows Version 21.3 from
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/. There are lots of Files ending with
.README or with README.TAR. Each of them are 18 KB in size. I've got absolute
no idea what to do with these files. The Installing instruction doesn't say
what to do. The latest installable Version seems to be 20.7.

Is there a new undocumented concept on installing emacs? A 18 KB large file
can't include the whole emacs binary for windows.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Götz