Re: Cooperate with non-Emacs-users on CVS projects

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: Cooperate with non-Emacs-users on CVS projects
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:52:12 +0200

Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann@gmx.net> writes:

> I'm lucky to be able to use Emacs even though my team-mate is using
> NetBeans plus WinCVS.  He has gotten into the habit of invoking
> checkin (however that works in WinCVS, I don't have the foggiest)
> without typing anything at all, AFAICT.  (There seems to be some
> NetBeans facility for using CVS, as well, but I don't know what he
> does with that.)
>
> Now, I like to do C-x 4 a to type useful data and then use C from
> PCL-CVS.
>
> Do people have suggestions on cooperating with others in this kind of
> scenario?  In a carrot-and-stick (but more carrot than stick) kind of
> fashion, I'd like to lure him in with some useful gimmick that he
> might like so that he produces log entries of some kind or other.

Do I understand you correctly that your team-mate is not writing log
messages when he is committing to the repository?  Isn't that just a
matter of finding out how this can be accomplished with his setup and
asking him to do it?

  Lute.

--
(spook) => "FTS2000 Telex FTS2000"
(insert-file-contents "~/.signature") => (error "`~/.signature' too rude")