Re: comment-kill and the state of the world

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: comment-kill and the state of the world
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:11:22 GMT

> Why in the world does comment-kill reindent the affected line?

No idea.  You're the first person I know who uses this command.

> Do other people also feel this is a bug?  Maybe it cannot be changed for
> compatibility reasons, but then another command should be created with the
> desired behaviour.

I don't think compatibility is a big problem.  When I re-wrote it in
newcomment.el, I just preserved the old behavior to reduce the risk of
people complaining that "the new code is broken".

> Look at newcomment.el, one gets the general feeling of unfinished
> business :-)

Thanks for the support.  But please make it more specific, so I get
a chance of fixing or at least defending my code.

        Stefan