Re: Can I tell term to not use my .bashrc?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Can I tell term to not use my .bashrc?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:33:13 GMT

In article <mailman.1825.1066330436.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Dan Anderson  <dan@mathjunkies.com> wrote:
>I really like using M-x term in emacs when I use need a shell.  But my
>.bashrc has a bunch of code that is causing Emacs to display a bunch of
>gibberish when I run it with bash.  Is there something I can set in my
>.emacs to not use my .bashrc?

M-x term asks for the command line to run; if you supply the -norc option
to bash, it won't run .bashrc.

A better solution might be to have your .bashrc check the terminal type.
If it's "eterm", don't run the code that displays the gibberish.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA