Re: Is there a way to create projects (i.e. save layouts)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Is there a way to create projects (i.e. save layouts)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:33:53 -0400

Dan Anderson wrote:

> I should mention that I want to do something a little more complex then
> M-x Desktop-Save.  I want to be able to tell Emacs -- this is the
> project I want to open.  When I do this, I want to be able to register
> files to the project.  So, for instance, if I created a file test.pl in
> directory PerlScript, if I didn't register it I wouldn't load it next
> time I opened PerlScript.
>
> Is this possible, or should I learn some LISP and start hacking?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan

You may have tried this idea and discarded it, but I did something similar
using a macro. It called up all the files I needed all at once.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.