Re: w3 trouble

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: Re: w3 trouble
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:04:13 +0200

Marc Girod <girod@shire.ntc.nokia.com> writes:

> It didn't seem to break anything, in any case.
> Once I was there, I "Customized" a bit the defaults.

Thanks for all that. But nothing of that really affects Gnus, or does
it?

This is all the settings I have that concerns w3:

(require 'w3)

; Open links in Gnus articles with browse-url.
(eval-after-load "w3"
  '(progn
     (fset 'w3-fetch-orig (symbol-function 'w3-fetch))
     (defun w3-fetch (&optional url target)
       (interactive (list (w3-read-url-with-default)))
       (if (eq major-mode 'gnus-article-mode)
           (browse-url url)
         (w3-fetch-orig url target)))))

Viewing HTML in Gnus with this used to work alright, but now it
doesn't. Is there anything else I might need?

Is there anything I can do to make w3 give some more helpful error
messages than the

Parsed 100% of 240...done
Drawing... \
Error while rendering html; showing as text/plain

stuff?

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl@elektrubadur.se>
http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/