RE: Adaptive fill question

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: Adaptive fill question
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:49:24 -0500

In a message dated: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 8:54 PM Richard Bourgon
wrote:

>...and get to the fill column, it wraps around and starts a new line:
>
>   1. Blah blah blah blah. The text
>   1. gets wrapped like this. Annoying!
>
>How can I stop this behavior and instead get Emacs to (i) indent under
the
>"Blah" but (ii) prepend spaces rather than "1. "?

It is highly likely that the cause of the pre-pended "1. " is that the
fill prefix has been set, (see information on the set-fill-prefix
command).  If you did not set it overtly (which I suspect since you
probably would not be asking the question if you had) it may get set as
a feature of some mode that you are running.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality
Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. "Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire."     -Dr. George W.
Crane-