Re: Can you change default emacs colors?

From: Ola Nilsson
Subject: Re: Can you change default emacs colors?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:09:36 GMT

Hello,

"Daireus Mann" <dcmann@cox.net> writes:
> Hi,
> I just started using Linux and emacs and i was wondering if there was anyway
> to change the default color scheme. I am using red hat 9 and what ever emacs
> comes with that. I want to change the backround to black and the black text
> white, everything else can stay the same.
> Thanks!

Try something like this in your emacs:

;;setup colors
(set-background-color "black")
(set-foreground-color "white")

(setq default-frame-alist
  '((width . 120)
    (height . 69)
    (background-color . "black")
    (foreground-color . "white")
    ;;  (font . "-*-Courier New-normal-r-*-*-11-82-96-96-c-*-iso8859-1")))
    ))

I don't think you need both, but I use one (the top) for my none-X (emacs -nw)
emacses, and the bottom one for my X emacses.

In the default-frame-alist you can also see a way of setting the default frame
size and an, out commented, way of selecting a font.

Does anyone know where you find a list of possible color choices? These where
rewritten with black/white, I normally use "lemon chiffon" and "DodgerBlue4",
but I don't know all the options.

Regards,
--
/Ola Nilsson