Indenting in C++

From: exits funnel
Subject: Indenting in C++
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:45:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've just started using emacs for C++ and I'm trying
to customize it to indent as follows:

class foo
{
  public:
    void print1( );

  private:
    void print2( );
    void print3( );
};

void foo::print1( )
{
  cout << "In print1" << endl;
}

void foo::print2( )
{
  cout << "In print2" << endl;
}

void foo::print3( )
{
  cout << "In print3" << endl;
}

int main( )
{
  foo f;
  f.print1( );
}

I've spent most of the morning searching the web to no
avail.  It's not that I can't find any information;
rather that I've found too much.  At this point I'm
quite confused for example about the difference
between a 'mode' and a 'style.'  If anyone could point
me towards a source of information geared specifically
towards modifying c++ formatting, I"d be very
grateful.

-exits