Binding Non-standard Keyboard Keys

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Binding Non-standard Keyboard Keys
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:22:50 +0100

DA> I.e. is there a way to link the "Internet" button to W3, the "Search"
DA> button to find, or perhaps bind them and similar to macros/scripts of my
DA> choice?

I think that the codes shot out by the keyboard are'nt understood by the
system.

Under Linux you can use lineakd that lets you bind a generic shell command
to one of these keys. If the command is

gnudoit \( your-elisp-fuction \)

you get something like binding the  key in Emacs (after all it's still
a keystroke-to-function binding).

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/