non-sourcecode log files

From: John Kodis
Subject: non-sourcecode log files
Date: 28 Oct 2003 15:35:17 GMT

I'd like to find a mode similar to that provided by the add-log and
log-edit packages which are used to maintain ChangeLog files, except
without the specialization toward logging changes to source files.  If
there were a way to have a log file recognized as a file that should
be edited in changelog mode, to create a new log entry each time the
file is opened, and to disable the automatic insertion of a filename
at the beginning of each log entry, that would probably be all that I
need.

I've investigated diary mode, but that seems geared toward maintaining
calendar entries rather than what I think of as a diary.

--
John Kodis                                    Goddard Space Flight Center
kodis@mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov                      Greenbelt, Maryland, USA