Re: emacs vs vs.net

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: emacs vs vs.net
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:00:46 +0100

MC> I doubt that. AIUI, in most environments, simply selecting a region of
MC> text should *automatically* place it in the kill-ring, and
MC> hitting the middle mouse button (or for you more likely:
MC> "chording" the left and right mouse buttons) should paste it in
MC> spot.

Emacs under Win32 does this while Visual Studio doesn't.

I forgot  to quote that there's  an extension to Visual  C++ that lets
you use Emacs as an Editor.  I think that writing the required DLL was
not easy.

MC> Apart from the fact that VS.net doesn't produce ELF binaries for
MC> GNU/Linux? ;-)

Go mono :) (http://www.go-mono.org)

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/