does emacs wrap lines that are exactly 80 characters long??

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: does emacs wrap lines that are exactly 80 characters long??
Date: 29 Oct 2003 11:30:32 -0800

I don't know what this means but Python style guide says to set Emacs to 79
character long lines....

    There are still many devices around that are limited to 80
    character lines; plus, limiting windows to 80 characters makes it
    possible to have several windows side-by-side.  The default
    wrapping on such devices looks ugly.  Therefore, please limit all
    lines to a maximum of 79 characters (Emacs wraps lines that are
    exactly 80 characters long).  For flowing long blocks of text
    (docstrings or comments), limiting the length to 72 characters is
    recommended.

I don't seem to have a problem with 80 char long lines.  Maybe I'm missing
something
here??

Chris