Re: copy/paste with other programs

From: Oliver Sturm
Subject: Re: copy/paste with other programs
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:02:08 +0100

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:33:46 -0500, roodwriter@core.com wrote:

> I've never been totally clear on this, but there is a setting in the
> "killing" group in the customization buffers called "X Select Enable
> Clipboard." I think, but I'm not sure, that this is the setting that does
> this.

Thanks, that seems like a good idea. Funny enough, I just tried this out
on another system, which is in part more up to date. I have only Emacs
21.3.1 here, but a much newer Evolution version (1.4.5). Things seem to
work fine here, but I'm sure that's not the way it used to be... still, I
don't know which update made it work! Oh well... I'll try it on the other
system (which didn't work) tomorrow.

               Oliver Sturm
--
Fa. Manfred Dahlhoff - Buellenkothenweg 37a - 40229 Duesseldorf
Tel.: 0211-2202821   - Fax: 0211-2202822    - http://www.dahlhoff.biz