Re: defining long abbrevs

From: Dan Anderson
Subject: Re: defining long abbrevs
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:08:41 -0500

> C-u C-x a g should work.

Perhaps I should be more specific.  I can type C-x a g or C-u C-x a g
and get the last word or sentence (or even count words with ESC number
C-x a g).  But the problem I'm running into is that if I do that Emacs
is "guessing" about what I want, and doesn't always guess correctly.

Is there any way to mark text and then C-x a g it?  I tried M-x
abbrev-prefix-mark and all it did was insert a - into the buffer at the
text position.

I figure there has to be some way..

-Dan