Re: mouse wheel only in 1st window?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: mouse wheel only in 1st window?
Date: 06 Nov 2003 20:28:40 +0000

mail@vrtprj.com (Rainer Volz) writes:

> I recognised something strange in Emacs 21.3: when I split a window,
> the mouse wheel (the mouse wheel replacement functions of the laptop)
> only works with the first window, even when I switch to the second
> with C-xo. I there a setting to manipulate?

What does C-h k [mouse-wheel] say? Some mouse drivers, especially for
laptop touchpads on MS-Windows, try to simulate a drag of the scroll
bar instead of sending the default mouse-wheel event. This is
annoying, because such drivers make the assumption that a frame only
has one vertical scroll-bar, and Emacs can do nothing about it.