Re: Cool and Useful LISP for the .emacs file

From: Gareth Rees
Subject: Re: Cool and Useful LISP for the .emacs file
Date: 7 Nov 2003 03:27:23 -0800

Dan Anderson wrote:
> I was wondering what other people have in their .emacs file.  I would
> like to challenge everyone to add at least one cool tip / trick to:

Here's my cool tip:

   Delete your .emacs!

This means that you can go to a new machine, run Emacs on it, and it
works just the same as on your old machine!  No more confusion over
non-default keybindings, unusual settings for variables, bizarre mode
hooks, etc.  And when you find a problem you know it's really to do with
Emacs and not with some "cool" trick you copied out of someone else's
.emacs without understanding it.

--
Gareth Rees