Re: Cool and Useful LISP for the .emacs file

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Cool and Useful LISP for the .emacs file
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:35:18 -0500

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> roodwriter@core.com wrote:
>
>> One is a macro that reads the name of the file in your grep output and
>> calls it up. Another will add groups of numbers and put the answer in
>> your file. People that are much more technically adept than I am may have
>> some macros that are almost magical.
>
> How does this differ from `M-x grep' followed by `C-x `'?

It just doesn't work as well for me. This does. It might be some kind of
charming eccentricity of my machine.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.