Re: Diff on Emacs

From: Jasen
Subject: Re: Diff on Emacs
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:09:36 -0800

Thank you very much for everyone's help.  Now the problem resolved.

Jasen

kgold wrote:
Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

Jasen <xx@yy.zz> writes:

How do I enable diff on Emacs?  Doesn't diff a standard built-in
function in Emacs?  Wheh I try to diff two buffers, i got "no such
file or directory" error that doesn't sound right, what did I miss
here?

Sorry, forgot to tell you that I'm using Emacs 21.2.1 on Windows XP.

Ah, then you need to install the 'diff' program from somewhere.  One
possibility is to get it from the Cygwin tools.

If you don't want the entire Cygwin environment, you can get individual
Unix utilities.  For example:

        http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/