just comments fontified in latex mode?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: just comments fontified in latex mode?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:31:12 -0600

I'm using the same .emacs as I used on my (broken) iBook, now working
on a linux machine.  Just the comments are fontified by font-lock in
my TeX files.  I asked my system administrator about this and he
suggested using the hilit-LaTeX package.  It highlights stuff, but I
didn't like the way it behaved (uses different colors, doesn't
automatically rehighlight new $$'s, etc.).  Can anyone tell me how to
get normal font-lock working again?

Joe