LaTeX-mode menu

From: Yehudah Rubinsky
Subject: LaTeX-mode menu
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:57:36 -0500

I have noticed that when editing in LaTeX mode I sometimes get a "super LaTeX-mode". This mode has LaTeX and Command menus and lots of additional keystroke commands (i.e. C-c C-f C-font) while the normal LaTeX mode has only a TeX menu. I've been unable to figure out what causes this "super LaTeX-mode". Does anyone have any ideas?

emacs 21.2.1 on W2K Pro / Cygwin with auctex version 11.13.

Best,
Ed