Re: Cygwin/NTEmacs Printing Problem

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Cygwin/NTEmacs Printing Problem
Date: 18 Nov 2003 23:31:11 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

> > Should I modify the windows's PATH? but the cat2fiel is a Cygwin
> > script, which is not excutable under Windows 2000!
>
> It can be executed by the Cygwin port of Bash.  Make sure bash.exe is
> on the Windows PATH and cat2file is on the PATH used by Bash.

... and that Emacs is configured to use bash to execute scripts. In this
case, I think the PATH used by bash is inherited from Emacs, not what
is in your ~/.bashrc or other shell configuration files. So either
cat2file needs to be on the Windows PATH, or you need to frob
exec-path from within Emacs.