Re: How get pixel position via point?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How get pixel position via point?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:02:22 GMT

>   In fact, I am trying to make tooltip showing around point,
> instead of mouse. It will be a good news if you can show me a better
> way. ;)

AFAIK, there's no good way to do that.
It should be pretty easy to add a new C function that provides the feature
to elisp, but nobody has written it yet (even though other people have
bumped into the problem for the exact same reason as you).
Posting a feature request to gnu.emacs.bug might help speed things up.

        Stefan