Re: Need help customizing GNUs

From: Dan Anderson
Subject: Re: Need help customizing GNUs
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:07:05 GMT

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:

<snip>
> > 5. Is it possible to tell GNUs /NOT/ to expire my old mail messages,
> > or -- better yet -- to archive them somewhere?
>
> (info "(gnus)Expiring Mail")
>
>     This bears repeating one more time, with some spurious
>     capitalizations: IF you do NOT mark articles as EXPIRABLE, Gnus
>     will NEVER delete those ARTICLES.
>
> Why did you think it would? (You're not the first.)

        Because the Gnus  tutorial I visited and the  part of the Gnus
manual  I  got  through (it's  so  big  that  I'm still  trying)  kept
providing caveats that Gnus is not  a typical mail reader, that is the
strentgh of Gnus, and changing that  will be an uphill battle at best.
One of the features they harped  on is expiration.  It seemed to imply
it.  Because of this I wanted to make *sure* I wasn't about to lose my
email after a week or something.

Thanks for all of your help,

Dan