Re: highlight current window/modeline after switching to it

From: Clemens Fischer
Subject: Re: highlight current window/modeline after switching to it
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:32:33 +0100

* 2003-11-18 Chris McMahan:

> I've got the following code that flashes the newly-selected
> window. The latest version of emacs has faces for mode-line and
> mode-line-inactive that will allow you to change their appearance.
>
> e-other-window can be found at:
> http://relativity.yi.org/el/e-other-window.el

thanks for this pointer, but my problem is slightly different.  i
would like to have in indicator on the (selected-window) for the
entire duration the cursor is in it.  a star `*' maybe in the
mode-line.  just flushing it would improve the situation, but i'd soon
forget which window "beeped" last.

thanks for your help,

  clemens