Re: how to stop saving these files

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: how to stop saving these files
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 02:59:18 -0500

Lowell Kirsh wrote:

> emacs has been saving backup files in the same directory as the files
> that I edit. The backup files have names like Friends.java~1.8.~. How
> can I either
> a) stop emacs from creating theses backups at all?
> b) tell emacs to save them all in one place?
>
> Lowell

a) On the menu bar click: Options > Customize Emacs > Top-Level
Customization Group > Files > Backup group

--Rod

---

Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at
http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.