Re: PCL: set a different tag version

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PCL: set a different tag version
Date: 28 Nov 2003 19:59:14 +0100

Michele Paoli <zizzi@cribecu.sns.it> writes:

> all commands I execute, like cvs-update, cve-examine, ect. compare
> the working copy with the head of the current branch.  It is
> possible to compare working copy with another tag revision?

Emacs has a help system.  You can ask it about keystrokes, commands
and so on.  For example:

C-h k C-x v =

    C-x v = runs the command vc-diff
       which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `vc'.
    It is bound to C-x v =, <menu-bar> <tools> <vc> <vc-diff>.
    (vc-diff HISTORIC &optional NOT-URGENT)

    Display diffs between file versions.
    Normally this compares the current file and buffer with the most
    recent checked in version of that file.  This uses no arguments.  With
    a prefix argument HISTORIC, it reads the file name to use and two
    version designators specifying which versions to compare.  The
    optional argument NOT-URGENT non-nil means it is ok to say no to
    saving the buffer.

So use a prefix argument like C-u.