Re: How get Microsoft Office style FOLDER TABS in Emacs?

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: How get Microsoft Office style FOLDER TABS in Emacs?
Date: 29 Nov 2003 15:27:47 +0100

When you find speedbar nice then maybe you find ECB nice too - maybe even more
nice (or less ;-)... ECB is the Emacs Code Browser which let you browse files
and code-contents.

>From the homepage at http://ecb.sourceforge.net:

ECB stands for "Emacs Code Browser" and is a source code browser for (X)Emacs.
It is a global minor-mode which displays a couple of windows that can be used
to browse directories, files and file-contents like methods and variables. It
supports source-code parsing for semantic-supported languages like Java, C,
C++, Elisp and Scheme as well as for source-types supported "only" by imenu or
etags (e.g. perl, TeX, LaTeX etc.).

Here is an ascii-screenshot of what ECB offers you:

|              |                                                 |
| Directories  |                                                 |
|              |                                                 |
|--------------|                                                 |
|              |                                                 |
| Sources      |                                                 |
|              |                                                 |
|--------------|                 Edit-window(s)                  |
|              |        (can be splitted in two windows)         |
| Methods/Vars |                                                 |
|              |                                                 |
|--------------|                                                 |
|              |                                                 |
| History      |                                                 |
|                 Compilation-window (optional)                  |

This is only one example-layout - ECB offers a lot of different layouts.

Just go to the screenshot section of ECB-homepage and see if you like it...

Ciao,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de