Re: ctrl-x-5-keybinding in dired

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: ctrl-x-5-keybinding in dired
Date: 30 Nov 2003 20:15:45 +0100

"leo" <halloleo@noospaam.myrealbox.com> wrote:

> i want to bind an "dired-find-file-other-frame-function" to Ctrl x 5 o, but
> obviously only in dired.

> so i should use the "dired-mode-map", but on the other hand i have to use
> "ctl-x-5-map", because its a ctrl x 5 binding

You can't have both: either bind it in `ctl-x-5-map' (making
it thus global) or use `dired-mode-map'. You want the latter:

   (define-key dired-mode-map (kbd "C-x 5 o")
'dired-find-file-other-frame-function)

Note that `dired-mode-map' must already be defined, so use
the appropriated hook.

--
Emilio C. Lopes
München <48°8'N, 11°34'E>

Is that a Lisp interpreter in your editor, or are you just happy to see me?