Re: Calling emacs functions outside emacs

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: Calling emacs functions outside emacs
Date: 01 Dec 2003 09:39:31 +0100

    Francis> I'm trying to launch an ediff-session inside in an already opened
    Francis> emacs from my tool, but I don't know how.
    Francis>
    Francis> So how can I connect to an already started emacs and launch an
    Francis> ediff session from a program that doesn't run inside emacs ?

here's how I call ediff in a Korn shell script:

gnuclient -batch -eval "(ediff-files \"$file1\" \"$file2\")"

though I'm not sure if this works with the standard emacsclient instead of
gnuclient.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
The difference between a fool and a wise man is not
the things they know, it's the questions they ask.