Re: Emacs from CVS question

From: Hugh Wolf
Subject: Re: Emacs from CVS question
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:08:15 GMT

On 2003-12-01, Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> wrote:
>> If you want option to be meta, you need one.  The standard osx X11
>> key mapping makes command/apple act as meta and option/alt act as
>> alt.
>
> Even if my .emacs contains (setq mac-command-key-is-meta nil)?

Correct.  That option is only for the carbon build.  The X11 build
isn't mac-specific in this way.  It will use whatever X11 has mapped
to the logical 'meta' key,

> it'd be nice to
> have the same [meta key mapping] in the X11 version.

I agree completely, and I have my environment configured to support
this.  You'll have it too, once you get the xmodmap thing working.

I don't think can help with the info problem; sorry.  It's always
'just worked' for me.  But there are many info experts here :) Otoh
they probably stopped reading this thread long ago, or never started
in the first place.  You might want to ask that specific question
again, in a separate thread with a different Subject: header.