Re: shading after column x

From: don provan
Subject: Re: shading after column x
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:23:21 GMT

It just so happens that I wrote a little minor mode a few years ago
that sounds like it does exactly what you want: it makes all
characters past a given column red. I got bored with it after a couple
of months, so I'd almost forgotten about it. You can pick up a copy at
   http://dprovan.home.comcast.net/collimit.el
and see if it still works. As I recall, the one thing that might not
be quite right for you is that it assumes the major mode is using
font locking: i don't think it knows how to enable font locking for
itself. I always used it for C code, so that wasn't an issue.
-don provan dprovan@comcast.net