Re: is the ls-lisp package switched on or off?

From: leo
Subject: Re: is the ls-lisp package switched on or off?
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:45:20 +1100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote in message
jwvekvos56l.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@vor.iro.umontreal.ca">news:jwvekvos56l.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@vor.iro.umontreal.ca...

> I think he wants the value of ls-lisp-use-insert-directory-program
> as well.  BTW, the logic should be reversed: it should be insert-directory
> that gets customized to either use `ls' or `ls-lisp'.

aaaaah, now everything comes into place:

using emacs on mac osx and windows-nt i had strange errors on macos after
copying my .emacs file from the nt-box.

i had customized ls-lisp on windows-nt because it just showed up in the
custoimiation but on mac osx it is, iguess, NOT preinstalled.

i guess i'll use ls-lisp on both machines, any caveats i have to think of?

cheers, leo