Re: virtual space?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: virtual space?
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 21:09:38 +0000

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

>>  But he wants it displayed without any window manager decorations.
>
> I understood that, too, but didn't understand _why_ he wants that, and
> asked for explanations.

The completion popups of Eclipse look a lot like tool-tips and they
are displayed near point.  Maybe that's what he wants.

I think having the completions displayed near point has some value --
on a big display your eyes would otherwise have to travel a lot.

On the other hand, displaying a popup near point for less eye travel
makes sense only if the popup is small.  And to make it so, it needs
to either contain few characters, or a small font.  I find that popups
with few characters are unreadable, due to the scrolling involved, and
popups with a small font are also unreadable.

Yeah, that might be what I dislike about the Eclipse tooltip-like
completion popups.  They are too damnes tiny!

Kai