Re: Plain TeX mode

From: Sean Richards
Subject: Re: Plain TeX mode
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:32:21 +1300

Emil Hedevang Lohse <emil@imf.au.dk> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When I write Plain TeX in Emacs I use the Plain TeX mode, but it has a
> bad habit of showing text that follows \sl and \bf in italic and bold
> letters respectively. How do I turn it off? (I don't mind the
> colouring of the text, though.)

Here is a brutal solution ;) You will never see another bold
font displayed in Emacs if you use it (which may not be what you
want). I don't like to see bold fonts anywhere so I find it useful.
Original author unknown usual conditions apply.

(defun unbold-all-faces ()
  "Clear the `bold' flag from all faces."
  (interactive)
  (dolist (f (face-list))
    (if (face-bold-p f) (set-face-bold-p f nil))))

Sean

--
"Hver sin smak", sa vintapperen, han drakk mens de andre sloss.